When a family member passes, it changes the way you carry out certain holiday traditions. Since the person is no longer around, you feel a sense of loss and are unable to you manage things as you usually would.
Many of the traditions that held meaning when the person was alive do not seem as significant any longer. In such a situation, it is far better to create new holiday traditions after death. Here are five ideas that you can use:
1. It's a good idea to try something new as it will help you forget your loss and grief for a short period. Consider participating in community service so that you can cheer up people in need during the holiday season.
2. When it comes to the holidays, delectable meals and delicious desserts are part and parcel of the festivities. If your loved one preferred a specific dessert, make it a point to prepare that during the holidays in memory of the person.
3. You can also go to meet older relatives that might be living at an assisted living facility. Many of these people feel depressed, especially if no family members visit them during the holidays. You can add a ray of sunlight to their lives and gain some satisfaction and peace from it as well.
4. Organize a family reunion and take the opportunity to reminisce about the good memories that you have about the person. This is an excellent way to bond, and it creates a new tradition during the holiday season.
5. You may find it emotionally soothing to communicate with a loved one that has passed away by placing flowers at the grave. It is one of the most touching ways of expressing your love for them.
If you want to know about our support and funeral services, don’t hesitate to contact us at The Jerry Spears Company. Our team will be happy to help.