It is natural to memorialize a loved one who has passed. It is a way of keeping the memories alive and even feeling the presence of that person around you. In all likelihood, you may like to keep a photo of the loved one in your wallet. But if you are thinking of some novel ways to memorialize the person, here are some ideas:
1. Plant a tree that you can tend lovingly. Embed a small plaque with the name of your loved one near the tree. The very sight of that tree will keep the person’s memories alive and will give you a place to go and reflect on the times you shared.
2. You may have many things in the house that belonged to your loved one. You can turn the clothes like T-shirts into soft toys and pillow covers.
3. You may have collected a large number of photographs of the person. Print the photos on fabric and use it to stitch a quilt of photographic memories.
4. Your loved one might have supported some social causes. You can keep the memory of the deceased alive by continuing to support them through donations.
5. If you have money to provide a scholarship in a subject your loved one excelled or enjoyed studying, it can serve the cause of education and will keep the person’s memory alive for a long time.
6. Many people also memorialize their loved one by wearing dog tags or other memorial jewelry pieces. These accessories have the person’s fingerprints on them. It is a great way to maintain a feeling of closeness with the person.
7. You may visit the grave and beautify it to keep the memories fresh. When you spend some time at the grave site, you will likely return with a calm feeling.
If you want to know about our funeral services, don’t hesitate to contact us at The Jerry Spears Company. Our team will be happy to help.